Protecting Your Future In Family Law Matters
Working with an experienced family law attorney is one of the most important decisions that you can make while you are preparing to handle any type of legal action in the Maryland family courts. At The JC Law Group, LLC, in Upper Marlboro, we can provide you with the knowledgeable representation you need to achieve a positive outcome for your finances, your parental rights and your future.
Guiding You Every Step Of The Way
We are prepared to provide you with strong advocacy and understanding guidance for any family law matter in Prince George’s County and the surrounding areas, including:
- Divorce: There are a variety of factors that need to be agreed upon (or decided by a judge) in a divorce, such as the division of assets and debts, child support, child custody, spousal support and the distribution of shared property. We handle divorces for people from all walks of life, including military servicemembers and their spouses.
- Divorce planning consultation: An in-depth discussion regarding your divorce options that occurs before divorce proceedings are initiated.
- Protective orders: Otherwise known as restraining orders.
- Property division: In Maryland, the courts go by guidelines known as “equitable distribution,” meaning that while assets are not necessarily divided 50/50, they are divided in a way that is deemed “fair” by the courts. They will take into account a variety of factors, such as each spouse’s independent income and financial stability.
- Child custody: During a divorce case involving children, one of the most important things to be determined is the legal and physical custody arrangement. A skilled attorney can protect your parental rights while doing what is best for your children. Whether you are a mother or a father seeking to maximize your role in your child’s life, we are here to help.
- Visitation: If a parent or guardian is not granted any custody rights during the divorce, they may request visitation rights that allow them to at least see the child without the child staying at their home. In some cases, visitation is granted as long as there is supervision, and in other cases, the parent or guardian may not be granted visitation rights at all.
- Child support: Whether you are seeking support or your ex is seeking it from you, it is important that your rights are protected and all the legal details are properly handled.
- Separation: Separation is often a precondition to divorce, but it may also be an option if you are considering terminating your divorce and are uncertain, you have religious or moral issues preventing you from divorcing or any other number of reasons.
- Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements: If you want to have a marital agreement document you can rely on, it is important that you create it with your spouse and an experienced family lawyer.
Family law can be complex, and there are a lot of specifics that your attorney should understand and be experienced with. When you work with The JC Law Group, LLC, you can be assured that your attorney will be familiar with how a family court works, as opposed to a civil or criminal court, and will be able to communicate clearly with the judge, jury and all other court officials involved in the case. In addition to understanding how the court itself works, we will also know the variety of options available to you regardless of the process that you are preparing for or currently going through.
Get Legal Help Today
We are happy to answer any questions in order to give you more context and help you move forward with peace of mind about our experience. We look forward to working with you as soon as possible. To arrange a legal consultation with an experienced family law attorney in Prince George’s County, contact our law firm online or by telephone at 240-561-9224.